Saturday, December 26, 2015

Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Amazonian Clay Palette

Although I have had the Tartelette palette by Tarte Cosmetics for well over six months, I am definitely more than a little late to the game in reviewing it. This palette includes twelve all matte eyeshadows and currently retails for $45.  It's also important to note this product is gluten free.  In fact, Tarte's products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl, sulfate, and gluten. (There is currently a 15% discount offered on many items on Tarte's website, including this palette, which runs from December 26, 2015 and ends on December 31, 2015.  Use code TARTE2015 at checkout for the discount. They also offer free shipping on orders over $25 so it's worth checking out.)



The palette contains twelve matte eyeshadows in a range of varying neutrals. Some of the eyeshadows have a warm tone while others are cool toned.  While the overall concept of the palette is a great one, I wasn't entirely impressed with the payoff and blendability of some of the colors.  Although I was able to blend the colors into my crease so that I wouldn't have any harsh lines, I did have to work at blending the shadows. I have other colors that don't require as much work.  However, that hasn't deterred me from using this palette. I do find myself reaching frequently for this palette when I want to create a soft and neutral look but I have also used it for a more dramatic look as well as a classic smokey eye.  This palette is very versatile and although it does not include any shimmer colors, I really don't mind that.  I prefer matte shadows anyway.  Recently, Tarte released a new twelve shadow palette called "Tarte In Bloom" and that includes some shimmer sides as well as matte colors.  I am not sure if I will be picking that one up, though.  I do like the shades included in this palette. I love the transition colors as well as all the highlight colors. While some of the darker colors do have fallout, I wouldn't call that a negative of this palette. Many shadows from various cosmetics brands, especially darker shadows, have fallout.  Just make sure you do your face makeup (foundation, concealer, etc.) after you've finished your eye makeup OR if your do your face makeup first, make sure you bake under your eyes while doing your eye makeup so that if there is any fall out you can just dust it off after you're done. 

Free Spirit - light yellow beige
Force of Nature - warm medium brown
Dreamer - dark brown
Multi Tasker - dark brown with a red undertone
Caregiver - light pink with a cool undertone (have used as highlight, crease transition, & all over lid)
Natural Beauty - light pink taupe
Best Friend - medium dark purple
Bombshell - dark black purple (there's black added to this shadow to give it a darker color)
Supermom - very light beige (love this as a highlight)
Wanderer - light medium brown
Power Player - warm taupe brown
Fashionista - very pigmented black but I've had fallout during application. Excellent to darken your crease, smoke out lower lash line, or all over the lid for a classic smokey eye.

Have you tried this palette? What are your thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment